Bill Lee's inauguration ceremony will now be inside War Memorial Auditorium, located adjacent to the Legislative Plaza, due to Saturday's forecast of rain.
"I encourage Tennesseans to be safe, but still also feel welcome to attend this historic event," Lee said in a release. "We are making every effort to accommodate overflow space for those wishing to attend because I want to ensure no Tennessean is turned away who wants to join us for the festivities."
Governor-elect Bill Lee will be sworn in Saturday morning at Legislative Plaza by Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Jeffrey S. Bivins. Although Lee officially takes the oath of office at at 11 a.m., drivers should plan for road closures throughout the weekend due to additional inauguration festivities taking place in Nashville.
Curious about what's going on? Weekend activities include free tours of the Tennessee State Capitol, an open house at the Governor's Mansion in Oak Hill and an inaugural worship service that has since moved from Ryman Auditorium to the Grand Ole Opry. Here's where you can reserve a spot.
See the map below to find closures that might affect your daily commute.
Compton Ave. from 15th Ave. S to Belmont Blvd.
Metro Water is installing a new water line. The work is expected to be finished by Saturday, Jan. 19.
Bernard Ave near 15th Ave. S
A new road is being installed through Feb 22.
Lealand Lane from Gale Lane to Battlefield Dr.
Utility and pothole work (connected to I-440 project) resulting in closures between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The work is expected to be wrapped up by Thursday, Jan. 24.
Craig Ave. from Battlefield Dr. to Gale Lane
Utility and pothole work (connected to I-440 project) resulting in closures through Monday, Jan. 21.
Kensington Place from 24th Ave. S to 25th Ave. S
Underground piping work resulting in closures through March 3.
The following roads will be closed for Gov.-elect Bill Lee’s inauguration weekend. The official swearing in ceremony is 11 a.m. Saturday.
• 7th Ave. N. from Jefferson Street to Jackson Street from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Broadway eastbound far right loading zone lane from 2nd Ave. to 1st Ave. from 5 p.m. to midnight
• 1st Ave. S. northbound loading zone from Broadway to pedestrian bridge from 5 p.m. to midnight.
• 5th Ave. S. southbound right parking spaces from Demonbreun St. to Korean Veterans Blvd., from 6 a.m. to midnight.
• Korean Veterans Blvd. westbound right parking lane from 5th Ave. S. to 6th Ave. S., from 6 a.m. to midnight.
• 4th Ave. N. southbound right lane from Commerce St. to Broadway from 6:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. from 5th Ave. N. to Rosa L. Parks Blvd. 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Deaderick Street from 5th Ave. to 6th Ave. 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Union Street from 5th Avenue N. to Rosa L. Parks Blvd. 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• 7th Ave. N. from Church Street to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Anne Dallas Dudley Blvd. from Church Street to Union Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• 6th Ave. N. from Union Street to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• There will be increased traffic on Curtiswood Lane S. in Oak Hill from 9:30 a.m. through 4 p.m. This is due to an open house at the Governor's Mansion and more, which is open to the public.
From now through January 2019. There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Woodlawn and Sharondale overpasses for noise wall construction.
From now through February 2019. There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Granny White Pike to Craig Street for noise wall construction.
Interstate-24 interchange improvements at Hickory Hollow Parkway
Nightly, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions between mile marker 60 and 63 for bridge demo work. There will be intermittent ramp closures on the I-24 eastbound on ramp and the I-24 eastbound off ramp.
Hillwood Boulevard bridge in Belle Meade
Through July 2019. Hillwood Boulevard will be closed from Harding Pike to Post Road for bridge replacement. A signed detour will be in place.
TDOT will route drivers to Davidson Road and White Bridge Road, both of which connect to Post Road and Harding Pike and provide access to Hillwood Boulevard. See the detour map here.