615-397-1260 - firstname.lastname@example.org
By now, you've likely noticed a drop in speed limit from 55 to 45 mph in certain areas along the I-440 corridor, as well as coned off shoulders near the Hillsboro Pike and 21st Avenue ramps. Prepare to see more lane closures as TDOT wraps up a few things — such as lighting work near Hillsboro, noise wall construction and other projects — before heavier construction begins in February.
Curious about what you'll see while driving on I-440 this year? Look back at the interactive timeline below to see what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and how you can prepare for your daily commute.
See the map below to find closures that might affect your daily commute.
- Nightly, 9 p.m.-5 a.m. There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 at Granny White Pike for ITS work.
- From now through January 2019. There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Woodlawn and Sharondale overpasses for noise wall construction.
- From now through February 2019. There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Granny White Pike to Craig Street for noise wall construction.
Interstate-24 interchange improvements at Hickory Hollow Parkway
- Nightly, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions between mile marker 60 and 63 for bridge demo work. There will be intermittent ramp closures on the I-24 eastbound on ramp and the I-24 eastbound off ramp.
Hillwood Boulevard bridge in Belle Meade
- Through July 2019. Hillwood Boulevard will be closed from Harding Pike to Post Road for bridge replacement. A signed detour will be in place.
- TDOT will route drivers to Davidson Road and White Bridge Road, both of which connect to Post Road and Harding Pike and provide access to Hillwood Boulevard. See the detour map here.