Early voting for the vice mayor runoff begins Friday, Aug. 17, and runs until Sept. 1. Election Day is slated for Thursday, Sept. 6.
The runoff is between Councilwoman Sheri Weiner, who is currently Metro's acting vice mayor, and At-large Councilman Jim Shulman. A runoff election is necessary because neither candidate secured more than 50 percent of the overall vote on Aug. 2.
Here's what to know
For the next week, early voters can only cast their ballots on the fourth floor of the Metro Office Building at 800 Second Ave. S. On Monday, August 27, all early voting locations will open.
- Belle Meade City Hall, 4705 Harding Pike, Belle Meade
- Bellevue Library, 720 Baugh Road
- Bordeaux Library, 4000 Clarksville Pike
- Casa Azafrán Community Center, 2195 Nolensville Pike
- Edmondson Pike Library, 5501 Edmondson Pike
- Goodlettsville Community Center, 200 Memorial Drive, Goodlettsville
- Green Hills Library, 3701 Benham Avenue
- Hermitage Library, 3700 James Kay Lane, Hermitage
- Madison Station Fifty Forward, 301 Madison Street, Madison
- Howard Office Building, 700 2nd Avenue South
- Southeast Library, 5260 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Antioch
While voters can visit any polling location during the early voting period, they must vote at their designated location on Election Day. Find your polling location here.
According to a report by NewsChannel 5, the election will cost up to $750,000.
As for voter turnout, the election commission expects it to be lower than the 95,000 people that showed up for the initial vice mayor vote. The expected turnout is between 25,000 and 30,000 voters, the report says.
The runoff will be the only item on the ballot.